Sunday, November 18, 2012

Elzybells Teddy and Tree - a Christmas card at last!


Hi blogging friends From Millan.Net

At last, a CHRISTMAS card to share.....and it's another teddy bear card LOL!!  Just a very simple design/layout as I do feel a bit rusty having not made very many cards this year. 



This very sweeeet little teddy is a retired Elzybells stamp.  Elizabeth Bell who ran Elzybells Stamps UK is now a designer for Penny Black Stamps and they have brought out a number of Elizabeth's designs over the past year so I am really hoping that they will bring out some more Christmas ones as I always get asked where people can buy the Elzybells stamps.  Please note that I am unable to stamp images to share due to copyright.  Occasionally I see Elzybells stamps on EBay but not often!  Anyway, I am digressing as usual.......

The image was stamped on Watercolour paper with Versafine Onyx black ink and watercoloured with watercolour pencils and a small round paintbrush.  I lightly chalked around the image with blue chalk and added some brown/grey chalk along the bottom of the image.

I added some Glossy Accents to the red baubles (not that you can really see it) and some Gold FlowerSoft using Aleen's tacky glue to the tinsel on the tree.  I had quite forgotten I had bought gold and silver FlowerSoft and found it when I was tidying up my craft room.  Here is a wee close-up: 


The designer paper is by Kaisercraft and is very sparkly and glittery in real life; you can probably see a little of the sparkle in my photos.

The green satin ribbon was attached in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.   I also found some jingley bells when I was tidying up so added one with some gold cord just for a bit of fun as the card jingles when you shake it.  I added Fray Stop to the ribbon and cord ends to stop them from fraying.

I could have gone crazy with lots of embellies but wanted to hold back on them because I might give this card to my husband as he is the sort of guy who doesn't mind cute images like teddy bears and a bit of glitter or sparkle - but obviously I wouldn't tizz a card up too much for him.


Challenges:

I am entering my card in the following challenges -

Crafty Catz Challenge Blog Challenge #159 - Make it sparkle  I hope the glittery designer paper and the gold FlowerSoft is sparkley enough

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #99 - use something more than 6 months old   Everything on my card is more than 6 months old.

Winter Wonderland Challenge - Oh Baubles! - make any Christmas project with baubles.

My loved one has a swag of medical appointments this coming week so I probably won't be posting again for a week - plus we are waiting on some test results which we get this coming Monday.  Hopefully, all the results will be good as there is nothing to indicate otherwise yet it is hard not to be nervous about them. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a fab weekend!


Jocelyn



Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Elzybells Teddy with tree (retired)

Ink:  Versafine Onyx black

Designer paper:  Kaisercraft Be Merry Collection

Accessories:  140lb watercolour paper, Faber-Castell and Lyra watercolour pencils, small round paintbrush, gold FlowerSoft, Aleen's tacky glue, gold bell, Cuttlebug, Spellbinder Circle and Scalloped Circle nestabilities, Glossy Accents, Bow Easy, Perfect Layers Tools, green satin ribbon, gold cord, Fray Stop (for the ribbon ends), cardstock - red and green


14 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Jocelyn, what a gorgeous card, so cute :o)
I hope all the hospital appointments go well and test results are good...hugs
Jackie xx

Hazel said...

Oh what a cute image - wonderful card - this card is delightful and just right for the purpose - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 99 - hope to see you again soon. x

PaperDaisies said...

Beautiful card. That image is adorable. Great bow. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

downrightcrafty said...

love the design and great baubles for our challenge at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jocelyn, what a beautiful card!! I love your colouring and the papers, layout and that gorgeous bow are just perfect!

I had no idea Elizabeth was designing for Penny Black - I often wondered what she was doing now.
xxx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous watercoloring! Love the tiny garland wrapped around the tree. Great idea of using Flower Soft!

Kim said...

very sweet image, lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz! Kim x (CC - DT)

Merry said...

This is such a fun card and love the bow at the top with the jingle bell. Lovely.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there dear Jobear sorry been bad blogger and not popped over to say hi.. but am delighted too see this wee card - love the good old red and green very cheery and bright and you are very right about those images, they are really truly adorable! and wee surprises we get when se clean up!
I pray those nasty results are ok and nothing to be concerned about loads and piles of blog hugs going your way, love Shaz in oz.x

Michelle said...

hi jocelyn
aaawww i love your sweet teddy and tree card, so cute - thank you so much for commenting on my card that was very sweet - have a lovely day - from michelle

Crissy Armstrong said...

Sooo cute!! I love your colouring of the image and the bright green bow - perfect!!

Curt in Indy said...

Hey there! This little image is adorable and I love the card you made with it. I do hope all is well and that the tests came back in good order and all is OK. Hugs, Curt

Jules said...

Hi Jocelyn

I am so pleased you found my blog as I have now found yours .. .. and a lovely blog it is too.

I see you are a fellow Elzybells fan! I have quite a few of Elizabeth's stamps and so wish I had bought more at the time.

Your card here is gorgeous. Beautiful traditional colours.

I hope those test results are good when they come through.

Love Jules xx

Anne said...

Beautiful! I adore all the details and the big ribbon is gorgeous! Wonderful colouring...beautifully done! Very rich and expensive looking! Superb! TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...