Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Penny Black The Essentials Teacher's birthday card


Hi blogging friends From Millan.Net

Happy Wednesday!  Today I am sharing a birthday card that I made for my daughter's teacher who is a cat-lover so of course, I had to pick some Penny Black cats to celebrate the occasion: 


I coloured the image with Tombow pens and a paintbrush.  Of course, now that I love Tombow Pens, I want a whole set of 96 - but I'll just pick them up a few at a time to slowly build my collection.   I added some Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue to the envelope, flower petal, dots and ribbon on the present plus all the cat's cheeks.  I chalked around the image with blue chalk.

The designer paper is from the Echo Park Hello Summer pad - so PRETTY - and I wish I had bought more because I can't seem to find it anywhere in Australia!  The yellow layer under the image is also from the same pad.  You can buy the digital version of these Echo Park papers HERE at Jessica Sprague's website.  I happened to stumble across Jessica Sprague's website one day when I was searching for some retired Echo Park papers and discovered that not only can you buy the digital versions but there is a greater variety within each range that you would normally buy in a pad - plus they have digital papers from many brands such as Carta Bella, Bo Bunny, Basic Grey, Fancy Pants etc. etc.  Personally, I haven't bought anything from this website because I keep forgetting about it LOL! 

The cardstock base has a 1/8" border made by my Perfect Layers Tools. 

The sentiment is from the Penny Black clear set Sweet Wishes.  I added some punched hearts using some pink paper from the same pad (they are the leftover punchies after using my Valentines Heart edge punch and were the perfect size).  I popped the sentiment up on dimensionals.

Here is a close-up of the image:


The ribbon was attached in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.  I added Fray Stop to the cut ends to stop them from fraying.

I diecut some flowers from the same designer paper pad but just couldn't figure out where to put them:  they just looked too "busy" because I already had the sentiment popped on.  I always seem to get brain-freeze when it comes to embellishing my cards - so I just kept this one simple which is pretty-much my usual style. 

Finished size is 6 inches x 6 inches or 15cm x 15cm.

Challenges:

I am entering my card in the following challenges -

The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #56 - Animal Antics
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by! 

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black The Essentials 3833K wood-mount, Sentiment from Penny Black  clear set Sweet Wishes 30-104

Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival

Designer Paper:  Echo Park Hello Summer 6" x 6" pad

Accessories:  140lb watercolour paper, Lifestyle Doily Rectangle + Rectangle Dies,  Big Shot, Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue, dimensionals, Tombow pens, paint-brush, Kaisercolour blue chalk, silver-edged light blue organza ribbon, Fray Stop, Bow Easy, Perfect Layers Tools, cardstock - light blue

Punches:  Martha Stewart Valentine Heart edge


10 comments:

Jackie said...

A delightful card and beautiful colouring :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Love your cute, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

So cute!! Those kittens are adorable!! Love how you colored them up!! Gorgeous card!!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

ps... There is a DT Call over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

Merry said...

I think your card looks amazing as is. Lovely colour of blue....and wonderful colouring.

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful card Jocelyn! I love the stamp and you colored it beautifully!

Merry said...

Hi Jocelyn, thanks for all the lovely comments over my way. :-) Here is a link to putting the code in for those pinterest buttons. I couldn't find the one I used but this blog seems to have a couple of options. If you ever find out how to change the size of the button that appears I would love to hear. I would like something a little more discreet. http://www.codeitpretty.com/2013/03/the-big-guide-to-pin-it-buttons-for.html About the Joy Fold card….you will love them, you have to have a try. For mine I cut a regular 14cm square card, then cut the front of the card so it is only a 7cm flap. Next create a smaller card like a gift card somewhere between 7cm to 9cm square. This just gets attached to the inside of the 14cm square card and the flaps overlap each other. Hope that makes sense.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

awesome card Jobear.. love the elements, colours and layout etc.. well done!!

.. and re the Tombows have had mine since early 1990's and as careful with tops not one has dried out..

I bought a 12 pack - all I could afford them as craft things were about today's prices now but not as much income twenty years ago...

... and have added to them over the years now have about 40, I guess and quite enough.

I bought about ten a few years ago when this shop was closing down which really finished the set off .. if you dont have blender get one is it s great have two..


.. oh and my candy is going to be drawn tomorrow all being well... on 12th was supposed to be drawn on 1.11.12 as it was blogaversry but time and health prevailed on me to delay.
God bless dear Jobear, Shaz in oz.x

Sally said...

Love this adorable image and the wonderful coloring! Such a cute design with the multiple layers. Thanks for coming by Abbey's Attic!

Michelle said...

I soooo love Penny Black, this is such a sweet image - such a cheerful card with the colors you used & that beautiful die frame.
Have a great weekend Jocelyn!

Anonymous said...

So very cute :)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...